APPROVED LIST – REPLICA WOOD SHAFTED CLUBS
This equipment category is for clubs that replicate, as close as possible, pre-1935 clubs, without modern improvements in design or playing characteristics and that have been approved by the SoHG Equipment Committee. Should you have any questions about clubs or companies on this list, please contact the Equipment Chair with your inquiry.
Tad Moore Hickory Classics
Hickory golf clubs offered by Tad Moore are approved for SoHG play unless it is noted in his catalogs that a particular club is not approved.
Louisville Golf Co.
Hickory golf clubs offered by Louisville Golf are approved for SoHG play unless it is noted in its catalogs that a particular club is not approved.
St. Andrews Golf Company
Hickory golf clubs offered by the St. Andrews Golf Co. are approved for SoHG play unless it is noted in its catalogs that a particular club is not approved.
BTI Company (playhickorygolf.com)
Players Special Edition of RTJ irons
Players Special Edition of Spalding/Wright & Ditson “Special Niblick”
Nichol Precision irons – 1 thru 8
Individual Replicated Clubs – This area is for clubs replicated by individuals not associated with established club making companies. Approved clubs will be listed as they are submitted and approved. Such list will be available and maintained on the SoHG website or may be obtained from the SoHG Equipment Committee.
- Russ Fisher MacGregor World Win Series – driver, 2WD, brassie, 2WB, spoon, 2WS. Each club head and shaft will bear the maker’s mark and the series number.
- Zayden Alexander Fine Putters by Jeremy Wright – 1) the Orion putter replica; 2) Macanudo, replica of an early MacGregor brass putter.
- Jay Harris – driver and a brassie replicating two MacGregor heads, with the “Hickory Nut” stamp on the head; and irons replicating George Nicoll’s Precision model.
- John Gates – The Gates Dunn model putter, available in both traditional length shaft and the long shaft.
- Spalding’s Chicopee Putter – the 1960 replica of the original club from 1918.
- Wright & Ditson blade putter – replica made by the Hickory Golf Classics Co., Lenoir, Tenn.